Chan The Man

Our sweet little Channing has been diagnosed with ALL - Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Thankfully the success rate with

treatment for this type of cancer is above 90%. Follow along with our story as we battle with cancer.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thurs update

Today has been a really good day so far. I have actually gotten Chan out of bed to eat breakfast and lunch with us! He is even laying on the couch watching Dora with all of us. Its nice to have all my babies in one room.

Jay gets to go on a special outing this afternoon with Auntie Am and cousin AE. They are gong to go to a local children's museum while Em and cousin C, and Chan (and maybe me too, but doubtful) get a nap. It will be really good for Jay to have some special time. Jay keeps telling me he is sick like Chan, and I try to explain that their owies are different and Jay does not want what Chan has. His cute little 3 yr old mind doesn't wrap around that very well :)

Chan and I will leave this evening to head up to Madison (about an hour and 15 mins away) and stay at the Ronald MacDonald House so that we don't have to fight traffic in the morning to get there by 8:00am. I cannot express how thankful I am that they offer such a nice place for us to stay before, during, and after doctors appointments and hospital visits.

We have such amazing friends and family. We have been so blessed by the thoughtful gifts that people have given us, from pictures their kids have colored, to bags of snacks for the hospital and car rides, fun new toys for the kids, to a grab bag of toys for Chan to play with during the long hospital appointments. We feel extremely blessed and loved, and I am sure you all know this by now, but THANK YOU!!! Each thing puts a smile on my face and makes this journey that much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment