Chan The Man

Our sweet little Channing has been diagnosed with ALL - Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Thankfully the success rate with

treatment for this type of cancer is above 90%. Follow along with our story as we battle with cancer.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thank you!

I wanted to share a story with all of you. Two Sundays ago I was pretty grumpy, just overwhelmed by everything.  I walked into church and sat down, already feeling exhausted.  A sweet women called me over and handed me a handmade bear for Channing.  I was overwhelmed with appreciation and love for this women who took her time and talents to bless our lives.  Each stitch was made with love.  Channing held and loved his bear all week long, and the kids called the bear Channing's hospital bear.  This last Sunday we sat down at church and we were handed another blue bear and an adorable pink bear.  This women not only made one bear, but three.  One for each of my sweet children.  My kids LOVE their bears.  They carry them around the house like treasures, and Ema will not sleep without hers.
Every time I see these bears I think of this sweet women, and I think of all of you who have done something for my family.   I am touched by how much support and love we have received in the last 3 months since Channing was diagnosed.  People have sent and given us cards, money, gas cards, toys, hugs, dinner, a clean house, taken my kids for a day or days at a time and so much more.  I can never thank all of you enough for all your prayers.  I know that is why we are still hanging in here and why Channing is still doing so well.  This has been one of the hardest 3 months of my life and will continue to be hard for us, but knowing I am not alone has lifted my burdens and has helped keep me positive.  I wish I could thank every single one of you personally, and I apologize for not keeping up on thank you notes, but time and energy has been elsewhere.  I want you to know that each act of service and kindness has been hugely appreciated.   Thank you for each thing you have done, it may seem small to you, but each hug, smile, letter has a huge impact on my attitude and appreciation for all of you.  I find that right when I am getting discouraged there is something or someone there to cheer me up, I know that God is using you as his messengers.

THANK YOU!

1 comment:

  1. Those bears are darling! What a sweet lady to do that for your kids. Alyssa, you are a great example to me. I wish I lived near you to help you out more. I think of you and your family every day. My love and prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete